One of the first things you should do when planning an overseas trip is to set up an appointment with your doctor to ensure that your travel vaccinations are up to date. Many different factors can affect your risk of contracting a disease or illness when you travel. The doctors at Pivotal Health are experienced in Travel Medicine and are able to evaluate these factors to come up with a care plan tailored to your travel. We also have weekly access to travel health alerts which notify us of disease outbreaks all over the world.
- Our Pre-Travel consultations include:
- Pre-travel assessment to determine your health care needs
- Information about disease risks
- Explanation of travel health issues, including food, water, and insect precautions
- Preventative vaccines including Hepatitis A +B, Typhoid, Tetanus, Polio, Meningococcal and Whooping Cough are stocked in the clinic
- Written advice and documentation including the International Certificate of Vaccination
We stock a range of private vaccines in stock for our patients’ convenience, so there is no need to worry about a script and going to the pharmacy to get that script filled.
Vaccines stocked in the clinic include
- Whooping Cough
- Tetanus, Polio and Whooping Cough Combined
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis A + B combined
- Hepatitis A + Typhoid combined
- Chicken Pox
We are able to special order other vaccines if requested by the doctor.
Vaccines are not claimable from Medicare but some private health funds may offer a rebate depending on the policy.